29 March, 2007

It's for charity, mate....

No, not for me. I generally don't give to charities as I know the sponging little funts just use the cash to eat crack and buy PS3's...

My mate Duncan (Aktoman) is doing a cross country walk (starting this Saturday) from one side of Scotchland to the other. Existing only on captured haggises and tartan pudding his trek will take him across 212 miles of the most rugged, badger infested terrain on earth... and he's doing this for fun! The walking mentalist has a heart of sponge though, he's got a link to a charity site on his blog where nice folk can donate money to the 'Gurkha Welfare Trust.'

As a big fan of the Gurkha's I said I'd mention it on me blog, and I have. Gurkha's are amazing soldiers and have been part of the British army since about 1815 - winning heaps of Victoria crosses and generally kicking the enemies arse in the name of truth, justice and freedom. To find out more about these brave chaps click here .

There is a link to Duncan's site in my links section, or click here. Please visit, even if its only to call him mental for doing the Southern Upland Way.

Various dangers Aktoman may encounter...

8 comments:

allen etter said...

Very cool...however, in America they smoke crack...I didn't know it was edible.

Thanks for the advice on the poster. Also, some of the girls (not pictured) on the roller derby team looked like amazons, but had too many tattoos.

Michael Grant Clark said...

They smoke it here too (apparently) 'eat' just sounded funnier.

Thats a big bunch of big girls, if I knew how to skate I'd be on the next plane over... Oh, that sounded like I wanted to join their team, that came out wrong!

AktoMan said...

I don't call him Cthulhu, but Mr Green. Mr Green is my friend. I just slap his tentacles if he comes too close. "No, Mr Green, you bad monster".

Love the map, Mike. Was it the Goodies that the landsharks were from? I certainly remember them from the tv in my youth.

Andrew Glazebrook said...

Hey Middlesbrough's on that Map. :)

allen etter said...

They look playfull enough. I'm sure they'd let you get on the course and then RIP YOUR SOUL OUT AND CRUSH YOUR VERY WILL TO LIVE...but in a sexy sorta way. And yeah, eating crack, well, cracked me up.

ps. my son wants to know if you've ever eating haggis. (sp?) We have a group that comes through our town once a year for the Highland games and they actually had CANNED haggis...

Michael Grant Clark said...

I love maps I do.

It was the Goddies!

Middlesbrough is where Cthulhu visits after he's played with Aktoman..

Big scary girls are kinda sexy (or is that just Sibyl Danning)

Canned Haggis, yup they have that in the shops here too, its a bit dry though. I love haggis, it just tastes like a sort of curried meat thing - not gross or slimy. Its great with mashed potatoes, turnip (swede) and carrots. Some butchers in Americaland make it, you may be able to order online.

Fiona-Jane Brown said...

Haggis is great - try a McSween's, Allen, they are the best - apparently so - I like the M&S veggie version.

Storyquine

AktoMan said...

Survived walk. Got back on Sunday, 2 weeks and 1 day after starting. I've lost about 9kilos on flubber. Feet hurtses, they do.

2gig of video diaries and stills in the can. I'll be posting them to YouTube after some sleep.