22 March, 2007

Bit of a rest...

This week most of the cast and crew are having a rest - filming begins again next week and hopefully we'll get more interior work done as its freezing up here in Scotchland at the moment.

In the next few weeks I'll be doing my stunt with the van, which involves me getting dragged behind it at about 25mph while shouting in German, "Haltet den verdammten Lastwagen an!" (Many thanks to me Swiss mate Ursi, for translation work).

Looking forward to it as my drag rig consits of some carpet tiles and a baking tray (and some high-tek body armour). Mark Stirton, the writer/editor/director/chief, wants sparks to come out of my bum while I'm being dragged: I think I'll manage that without any effects work.

Once again I have some photos courtesy of the photographer chappy and my mate, Mark Wyness. We used to have a photographic business in Aberdeen (about 3000 years ago) in a store owned by Graham the sound ninja. We were all mates at school, but for some funny reason Mark hasn't aged - after the filming I'm selling him to the Chinese to distill into longevity serum. I'm sure it can be done as I've seen 'big trouble in little China' heaps of times.


"Can we have our corpse back, please?" Hapless removal men lose another body. Lovely bridge though, 18th century I think.
"Now you're getting nasty!" Scott Ironside (hammer) and Patrick Wight have a moment during filming, but all is not as it seems.
Me again, this time playing with a water pump on location at a farm south of Aberdeen.
End of week 2 cast and crew photo. Niel Simpson (who owns the farm we filmed at) is in the red boiler suit, he also plays a farmer in the movie and gets a pretty horrendous death. Looking forward to that make up job for that.



9 comments:

allen etter said...

What sort of death? I thought the hook through the eye looked rather stunning.

Michael Grant Clark said...

Can't go into too much detail yet but sort of blown up and burnt. Possibly with bits missing.

Will have to get the hook shot on the site with all the blood, it was nasty.

allen etter said...

Nice...I have a four hour make up job to do on an extremely attractive young woman. I must make her appear to be near death, missing an arm, a hand, an eye and a lot of skin...the actress, Megan, can't wait!

allen etter said...

I'll send photos when we shoot it...

Michael Grant Clark said...

That sounds like a fun but intensive job, can't wait to see the results.

Andrew Glazebrook said...

Was he singing the song 'If I had a Hammer' the Leonard Nimoy version ?

Michael Grant Clark said...

I think I actually know the version!

Funnily enough when me, the director and sound ninja were out buying last minute props the other week in Millets (outdoorsy store) they were playing the Bill Shatner 'Has Been' cd. Top album.

allen etter said...

Just as a side note...my son is obsessed with all things Scottish. He is eight and we bought him his first Bag Pipes. He loves Scottish culture and did a presentation at his school on Scottish Culture! He went from the class nerd to class stud in one day!

Michael Grant Clark said...

Thats great, I hope he does well with the pipe practice. One of my mates teaches bagpipes here. apparently its becoming really popular again.

I'm not really into the whole scotch trad thing myself, but there is something stirring about seeing a pipe band marching in full kit. It makes me want to grab a sword and invade England, must be genetic!