19 March, 2007

Van of Death...

I've just realised that I haven't put any shots of the other main character in the movie up yet - the van. The van (known on set as "the van of death") has just as much time on screen as the leads and has a character all of its own.

A lovely old workhorse of a thing, the Ford Transit LWB van is a classic work vehicle for all manner of jobs and suits the look of the film perfectly - not too different from thousands of other transits, but with a distinct character. Minamal production design was required for the vehicle, it was already a bit old and battered, once the decals had been applied (comic sans!) all that was required was a liberal application of poster and acrylic paint to dirty up the paintwork.

Here are a couple of shots of the van (thanks again to Mark Wynes for the use of his photos).


Mark filming Steve against the van, ain't that a gnarly monster!

Some close-up work of Scott Ironside, notice the steath soundman in the van!

Here he is again, our very own sound-ninja - Graham Robertson.

14 comments:

AktoMan said...

Grub' is Bond. James Bond.

Michael Grant Clark said...

Graham is a pretty good sound man, he's always ready with his furry protuberance.

allen etter said...

Sound guys are KEY. When I asked our sound tech how many microphones he could get us when we record our soundtrack, he replied, "How many do you need?"

allen etter said...

Also, maybe I missed it, but when is the projected finish date for the film?

Michael Grant Clark said...

Hi Allen,

There's still a lot of 'pick-up' shots and interiors to do so it will be a few weeks before we have all the footage. Ideally the director is looking at finishing by the end of May, but that could change of course. Then the editing/effects/music and otherthings start.

So are you all geared up for your shoot? I see your projected start is April.

allen etter said...

We're really ready. As soon as the leaves start growing back on the trees we can start shooting. I'm meeting with one of my new artists and one of our CG guys this evening to see how work is progressing. I also posted a new image today of a DRIFTER DEMON...let me know what you think.

allen etter said...

Hope you don't mind, I linked to your site. If that's not cool, let me know, but I've got a bunch of film buffs here and they'll be into what you're doing.

Michael Grant Clark said...

Hi, nice demon. Will it be CG or prop? In a world of blind people I suppose the texture or sound would have more of an effect than the visual aspect. I'd definitely shit myself if I thought something like that was behind me and I couldn't see it. Of course I'd only know it was there if it sounded like it looked, that's even scarier.

Linking is cool, you can link to our main site too if you want (if you haven't already) I'll do the same with your main film one.

allen etter said...

Totally CG. There is one individual who can see and she faces the demon head on...

Michael Grant Clark said...

Look forward to seeing that, sounds pretty cool.

Andrew Glazebrook said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Andrew Glazebrook said...

This is the first time I've seen a credit for a Sound Ninja !! :)

Really cool updates you've been posting Michael !!!!

Michael Grant Clark said...

Cheers Andrew,

I have to keep posting otherwise you'll badger me again :)

I'm using Vue Infinite quite a lot now, I'll put some stuff up soon I'm working on. Not up to your level but I'm enjoying the workspace more.

Andrew Glazebrook said...

Look forward to seeing your Vue stuff !!